Saturday, December 31, 2011

Was I used ?

Last week I got a phone call from a woman I know from my old support group. We have
hardly talked in years. No without trying on my end.
She is always depressed. A gigantic downer to be around. All she does is complain.

She called about 8:15 pm and I was exhausted. Our TV shows the phone number of the person calling and although I recognized it I didnt. I thought it was my close girlfrends cell. Her friend had just died and I knew she would be having a difficult time through the holidays.

I picked up the phone and the complaining began. I had to ask who it was..No she never asked how I was or did she seem to care. She said she hadnt been on MS meds for months to which I replied. Me neither. Next subject..I just wasnt complaining abut it. Instead I was excited to start a new one.


Anyway, to make a long story short she asked for money. Hmmm I saw that one coming.
She caught me completely offguard. I said yes and she said she would be there in a few minutes.
Supposedly I wil have it back in a week. Yeah right !

Mark, my hubby, was not happy.

I know what he was feeling. I felt used. I really really felt used.

 However with that said we both agreed it was the right thing to do. It was the holidays and she needed it.
I'm sure there was someone else she could have asked.

I dont and wont become the Bank of Cathy.

This woman gets EVERYTHING paid for from the state. Food, health insurance, housing.
Must be nice and yet she still cant manage her money. Disabiltiy.
I live on disability but my husband has a job. We are NOT a bank. Make an effort and I'll help you thru the rough times but newsflash this bank is CLOSED.

If you want to be my friend, then be my friend. Not a ban kfriend, a real friend.

Oh and by theway I feel like crap but you would never know because I suck it up and run a house, a business, volunteer, take care of 2 dogs and have a husband.

Your welcome for the money. Hmmm I think that was the only time I heard that and it was from myself to myself.

Have a great day everybody

Cathy
http://www.themsshoppe.com/

No comments: