Sunday, June 19, 2011

MIA Father

Today is Fathers Day and somewhat sad.

Last year when I was so sick my hubby called my family to ask for
their support.

They, of course, said NO. In fact my brother in law, left a message on our
voice mail laughing that I was so sick. Still have it so no denying it....

My dad ended our last conversations with " when you come to California
we don't want to see you"

Wow ! Straight out my my Mothers mouth. Just like the little puppet
he has always been.

It is a sad day for Mark because his dad passed away a few years ago after
a long battle with cancer.

He was probably the closest thing I had to a dad, next to my grandfather.
I will always cherish the memories of him. We had this incredible conversation
when I was first diagnosed. He was so supportive and truly was one of the few people
who really "got" being sick.

Miss you dad..Especially after the Superbowl....

Have a great Father's Day everybody !

And to my wonderful hubby, Mark, who is the best darn "Dog Dad" ever.
Love from your fur kids...Noelle and Arod.. Woof ! Woof !
And those at the Rainbow Bridge..Rascal, Munchkin, Goldie and Ripley....

Cathy
http://www.themsshoppe.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Kind of takes the breath away.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

Cathy said...

Yeah Patrick it is kind of sad...I am fortunate to have developed a support system of people who do "get it", just no DNA. :-(