Saturday, February 13, 2010

Let's talk MS

The past week my ad in the MSFocus magazine came out.

This always generates phone calls, orders, catalog requests, etc.

This morning after talking to a very nice woman I realized that there is such a need for us to talk to each other. Support groups, although they have good intentions, don't always work.

In my previous support group we always had a few Negative Nellies who dominated the conversation. Sound familiar?

I am on facebook and I jokingly say I run an online support group.

We need someone to talk to. These are the kinds of programs MS organizations should have. Someone who can talk to us on the phone. Let's face it it is easier to talk to someone on the phone then in person.

I am glad people feel they can talk to me and I am always going to be there for them but I should the organizations set up to help us with MS need to revaluate their prpgrams and start listening to the people. Oh no I have gotten political on you. haha !

In the mean time, if you need to talk please email me, friend me on facebook, or call me. I will listen. I have been there and feeling alone is NOT the answer.

Have a great day everybody.


Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com

Tell a friend !

1 comment:

Jen said...

I whole-heartedly agree. I finally found an in-person support group that didn't make me want to down cyanide midway through a session. I feel too that I'll always listen and I try to promote positivity at my site and in my interactions because negativity seems to always snowball.

Cathy-- I also spied you at the podium in the MSF mag. Great job-- you ALWAYS inspire me.

XOXO

Jen