Monday, May 11, 2009

Teaching an old dog new tricks







I hope everybody had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.



My kids ( aka dogs) gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses on Saturday and Sunday a card arrived in my bed. Who would have thought that two hairy creatures could be so talented that they were able to pull this off by themselves.

My guess the third hairy creature ( aka my husband) was responsible for this feat.
It was a little sad because the card which was meant to honor me as their mom was noticeably missing one name. Goldie. It's been almost a year since her death and yet it seems like yesterday. I miss my little golden bear.
I have been wanting to teach the dogs how to jump thru hoops for a long time. One to help burn up some sheltie energy but because I thought they might really enjoy it.


Mark bought a hula hoop. I wasn't going to buy an agility hoop until I knew they would be interested in it. We started off slow but they seem to enjoy it and not be startled by it.

We all had a great time and laughed alot. The dogs barked and ran themselves silly and when they were tired I gave the hula hoop a try.

It was alot easier to do when I was six and didn't have MS but it was fun all the same and I didn't fall. yeah !
We called mom (aka mother in law) and wished her a happy mother's day although we had just spoken to her on Friday. I personally can't have too much time with her. She is a wonderful person and honestly the only Mom I have ever had. I feel more like her daughter than her daughter in law.
Have a great day everybody.
Cathy
Tell a Friend !



1 comment:

Jen said...

Lassie!...

Hi Cathy--

We had a nice day with the mothers on Saturday to avoid the crowds. A great-grandma was even in attendance. Lots of fun and memories revisited.

Happy May...

Jen