Monday, May 4, 2009

relaxing over the weekend

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Cram packed with a zillion things we needed to do but
nice just the same.

On Saturday we went to the grocery store and a " funny" thing happened. Mark usually heads to the parking lot first so he can load the groceries in the car.
I was walking thru the parking lot when I heard him calling frantically to me. I immediately
thought I was about to get hit by a car ( again). I looked up and looked all over the parking lot
searching for him.
Way across the parking lot, I see Mark waving his arms and yelling my name. I don't know where my MS brain was but obviously it wasn't attached to my MS body. I was walking to the wrong truck. ooops ! When you don't drive all black SUV's look alike.
Earlier in the day we had a mini driving lesson without the hand controls so maybe my mind was overloaded. I think Mark was having second thoughts about me driving again.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I think cognitive problems come and go in everybody's MS life. For the most part, I feel alot clearer these days then in the past. I too was concerned I was walking to the wrong vehicle.
I guess with the driving lessons I should re learn what my vehicle looks like. I won't be driving that one anyway. I'll be driving the Audi and I have only seen one of those here in town and it was white, mine is green. Color is not a problem for me. LOL

Sunday we went to the boat storage and started to wax and buff the boat. It is a big boat and stands about 8 ft tall from the trailer to the deck. I had to raise my arms up over my head with a cane in one hand and a towel in the other.
We made a dent in the prep work but Mark will probably have to do much of it himself. I really can't wait to get it in the water. Last summer was a disaster boat season. Between the lousy weather and the crap floating in the water from the town flooding it was just way too short.

Mark left for DC this morning. Ripley got sick about 12:30 in the morning. It wasn't exactly a great sleep night so I am feeling tired. I just finished reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. I started it so long ago but got sidetracked with the business and the MS Walk so today it was my time to sit and read. Great book. Pick it up if you get the chance.

Have a great day everybody. The sun is shining here.

Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com

Tell a Friend !

2 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Hi Cathy,

The weather is miserable here in DC today. Cold and rainy. Bleh.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I considered going downtown in the morning, but then have thought that my time would probably be better spent going to the reccenter to workout. Decisions, decisions...

Libby said...

hey, cathy! i'm still getting info from biogen a little at a time about my tysabri infusions..they;re training the nurses at marion gen, and i shld get started by the end of the month!!!