Wednesday, December 3, 2008

snow elves

We just finished eating dinner and were headed upstairs. It's been snowing
all day and Mark needed to snow blow the driveway so he didn't have to
deal with it in the morning.
As I was walking towards the front door, I heard a noise. I looked out the
window and saw our neighbor shoveling our porch. He had already done
the sidewalks and the steps to our home. They were also working on the
end of the driveway.
I opened the door and started to ask him why he was doing it when he
said they were "snow elves". That is what's wonderful about living in the
midwest. People do things for you " just because". They don't expect
anything in return. This neighborhood is just like that.
Mark has a big snow blower so he is often helping other people out.
In order for us to help our neighbor who helped us out tonight, Mark has to
snow blow the snow in front of the park. Not that our parks dept. would
ever say thank you.
We so appreicate our neighbors, well most of them. Like most neighborhoods
I could do with the old bat who sticks her nose into everybody's business.
If she doesn't know what is going on in your life, she just makes it up.
Get a life !
Unfortunately, I am not able to do much shoveling these days. I love to watch
it snow, have a cup of hot cocoa and snuggle with the dogs and Mark.

Everytime someone does something like helping with the snow, it reminds
me there are still good people in the world. Thanks guys for reminding me.
I think I really needed a reminder today.

Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com

No comments: