Friday, March 6, 2009

Recovering MS addict

I am still recovering from Legislative Day yesterday at the Capital in Madison.

I think it was that long walk up the steep hill that did me in. My calves are definitely feeling it.
Last night my legs kept cramping and it was difficult to sleep.
I had a wonderful time and I would do it again in a minute. What a way to make a difference for those of us with MS.
There was a group of 6 of us who met with the State Senators office. I kind of took the lead ( can you believe it) but the meeting went well.
I then met with my local legislators office by myself. I have met with my rep before and also his office last year but I never did it alone. I was a little tired and I think it showed.
Of course, nobody from Fond du Lac has the motivation to do anything like this so it takes people like me to bring it on. I had a blast.
By the time I got home I was so tired. Mark and I had planned on a salad for dinner with leftover steak on top. Of course, they served a sald for lunch. I think I am having a fiber overload. Too many veggies !!

I wanted to thank the National MS Society Wisconsin chapter for arranging transportation for us. I don't think I would have been able to participate in this event without it. Of course, we got the party bus decked out in blue and balloons all over the side so it was easy to spot at the end of the day.
NMSS put on a fabulous event and they should be commended for thinking outside the box and organizing such an event.
So the title ofthis blog is recovering MS addict because I often feel I could be a full time volunteer and I'm okay with that. somebody has to do it and we all have to get involved.

Don't forget your local MS Walk coming up. If you don't have one, hop on a plane and come see me. haha !
Visit my website if you have a chance and get your I do the MS Walk everyday shirt ( now at a reduced price) or visit me on Facebook and introduce yourself.

Have a spectacular day ! It's raining here and I can't wait for the rainbow that always follows the rain.
I did hear a wonderful saying yesterday and I think it is destined to become my new favorite saying. I already added it to my Facebook page.

Everything unattempted is impossible !

Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com

Tell a friend !

No comments: