Friday, June 5, 2009

My Dear sweet Goldie Bear


One year ago today we had to put our beloved Goldie Bear down.


She had been sick for so long and nobody could figure out what the heck was wrong with this

little girl. We have the best Vets and they tried everything.


We went away for the weekend to Mark's nephew's wedding and left Goldie in the best hands possible The Sheltie Rescue. We knew that she would and did get the best care possible.


The vet said it was fine to go but Mark & I worried all weekend and even called a few times to check on her.

It was obvious when we went to pick her up Goldie had no idea who we were. She always ran to me when we picked them up and jumped in my arms. This time she stagged over to me and

just looked at me.

It was a very sad day and Mark and I knew she was suffering from something neurological. Maybe because I have MS but the symptoms all started to make sense.


That was on a Tuesday and on Thursday we made that heart wrenching decision to put her down. The vet know believes she had a brain tumor.

She was only 8 years old and cute as a button. All the kids loved her because her rear end always wiggled. She was my couch potato.

When we took her to obedience school she used to pick a fight with all the big dogs and then run under them to hide. Such a goof ! They named her class clown. She would never sit ( we called her spring bottom because the minute the butt went down it came right back up) until one day when I fell she sat next to me until I was able to get up.

When Mark traveled I always referred to my dogs as my protectors but little did they know it wasn't the big ones you should be afraid of biting you but little mighty Goldie. I have no doubt if I was in trouble she would have gone for the crotch ( sorry guys) but it is true. I called her my jumping bean.


She left this world way to early and is probably causing all kinds of fun in heaven.

Rest in peace, my little bear. Kiss kiss til we see each other again and I can hold you in my arms and never let go. I will always love you !



Cathy



Tell a Friend !

2 comments:

Diane said...

I feel for your loss. My Bichon Babies are only 1 and 2, but, I would be torn if anything happened to them. Last summer during my worst flare-up yet, Daisy (2) would not leave my side. She was wherever I was. I'd scream in pain and she would run to me or lick me if we were sitting on the couch. I can relate and understand your sadness. At least you have Noelle to keep you smiling!

Cathy said...

I actually have Noelle & Ripley. Rip is our rescue dog. I stayed up with last night because he was scared of the thunder.