Thursday, December 18, 2008

My sick dog and Tysabri

Last night I was awakened by the sound of my dog getting sick. Oh, that is always
so fun. It was 2:30 am and she must have been sleeping facing the wall because it
was all over the place.
It's not like I have balance issues, especially when I am not quite awake. Anyway, I ended
up taking them both outside and cuddled up with the sick one til she went back to sleep.
I don't ever want to hear I'm not a mom. She is feeling better now but a little groggy.
I have meds to give her because this seems to hqppen on a regluar basis.

So, to change topics I heard that another person developed PML from the use of Tysabri.
As always, the rumor mills run wild. I have my reliable sources about Tysabri and so I am
not panicked about it happening. Tysabri, as I haveclaimed many times, has changed
my life. I can't see it being taken off the market because it has helped so many people.

I also answered an email from another Tysabri advocate needing a little pep talk.
This is a really rough time for alot of people. The economy sucks and it is the holiday
season. Most of us don't have the money to spend on a better holiday. I am pretty creative
and I plan to have a great Christmas and make it look like I spent a million bucks,
Ok, not quite a million. I am known to stretch a dollar for dinner and make a gourmet
meal. Just a knack I have.

It got all the way up to 10 degrees today. We are expecting alot of snow tonight
and I'm hoping my neighborhood snow elves will shovel me out tomorrow. I'm
sure I'll be shoveling the back porch at 5:30 am so the dogs can get down the stairs.
If anybody would like to join I'm sure I can find another shovel.

Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com

No comments: