Monday, December 8, 2008

MS Support Group Christmas Party

Today I had to make the decision as to whether we should cancel our MS
support group Christmas party.
They were predicting 8-12 inches of snow tonight thru tomorrow.
Okay, with a regular party it would probably be no problem but we are
a group of people with Multiple Sclerosis. I started getting calls early in the
day and then I made the decision to cancel it. Nobody should be driving in that
much snow, especially those of us with MS.
I started calling the group and the restaurant. My big fear was the transport
company would get people there and the roads would turn really bad. Most of my
people who would use the transport service use a wheelchair. And what if we
couldn't get them home.
We can always reschedule the party. We are a unique group so maybe we can celebrate
in January. Maybe even during the day as my co-facilittor suggested. I'll sleep on it
and make some calls in the morning.
Besides the snow it will be really cold. Let's see..cold and snow and MS. Oh what a combo!
My legs hurt already. These are the kind of events were MS Sucks.

Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com

No comments: