Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Cruise

So I really never talked about the cruise. The wind was really strong the first couple of days and tossed us around like a toy in the bathtub. There were alot and I do mean alot of people who got seasick.
As Mark and I are boaters, hence the name of my blog Navigating the journey of MS, I was okay. It was difficult to walk though. I saw a few people do face plants and they didn't have MS or were drunk.

When we arrived in Puerto Rico the wind was really blowing. Two friends sat me down on my walker and rolled me to the end of pier. The wind was just blowing me over. I could come up with a popeye joke. When we got to the end of the pier they were offered a tour and I just wanted to go shopping. They left and I was standing with the guard when my walker blew over from the wind. I think that was a sign so I turned around and headed back to the ship with the assistance of this wonderful guard. What a sweetie!

I went up to the buffett and met up with some of the MSF staff and a couple of other people. I swear to you I never laughed so hard in my life. Not a good thing for us MSer's with bladder problems.

We had some great sessions with different speakers and I leanred so much. I really enjoy sessions where they are fun and different.

The food was yummy and oh so plentiful. I discovered a coffee shop on the promenade and quickly made it my hangout. I always ran into someone I knew or someone who had our group name tag on so I always had someone to hang with. When I wanted to be alone I discovered the 4th floor deck lined with deck chairs, completely covered and so quiet. I felt like I was in heaven.

I put my iPod on and read the book I brought with me" TheLast Lecture". Now that is what I call a vacation. Escaping on a luxury cruise ship and being able to find that place to be by yourself.

I also discovered right inside the door on the 4 th floor a bar with those fruity drinks I was always craving.

Met some wonderful people and one crazy lunatic ( who happened to be my roomate until the cruise line felt bad for me and moved me. ) What a nut job! Back to the wonderful people.
I've been emailing people left and right since I got back and haven't had a chance to email everybody.
One night we had a pirate party (our group) and we had many get togethers. I shared my champagne and strawberries with a couple friends.

All in all I had a wonderful time and I am ready to go back. This time with my hubby.

Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com

By the way, it has been snowing all day. Make it go away ! I love the snow but I'm sick of it.
I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

1 comment:

Libby said...

...so, did you email the crazy lunatic? ;-/