Sunday, May 15, 2011

I feel like Glue

I feel like the glue that is holding this family together.

Mark is dealing with this issues about Ripley. He took him to the vet and he was the last
person to see him alive. We know we made the right decision but it is never easy.
Mark had to work  the entire day putting the morning behind him and trying to stay focused.

Noelle started off being angry. It appears at me. Maybe because I was with her all day but
I just didn't know how to help her through her grief.
Some of our friends from the sheltie rescue gave me some good advice. Let her grieve the
way she wants to. She has come around and is starting to behave like our little "Marley
wanna be". She has however decided to sleep everywhere Ripley liked to lay down.
She rarely ever jumped on our bed, even when she  was invited and now I find her there
all the time. Ripley used to lay on it when I went in the shower.

She is starting to play again and snuggle with me so I think we are heading the right
direction. I was not looking forward to hiring a shrink for the dog. LOL

ARod has been very clingy. He is normally clingy. When we adopted him we were his 3rd home
in his short life of 2 1/2 years so I'm sure he is having thoughts of "are they gonna get rid of me next?"

Yesterday I found him chewing on the trim in the hallway. He is needing extra attention.


We have been taking them for extra long walks and that is helping.

I have removed as much of Ripleys stuff from the house so we don't have to look at it.

 I am doing okay. I miss him terribly and always seem to be watching a TV show with a sad
dog story this week.

Time does heal all wounds. When one door closes another one opens.

Miss you Ripley. Miss having you in the office snoring. LOL

Have a great day everybody ! hug your fur kids !!

Cathy
http://www.themsshoppe.com/

Tell a Friend !

No comments: