Sunday, September 28, 2008

I just got back from Boston where I attended the advocates conference with Biogen Idec.
I am a patient advocate for Tysabri. I had such a good time. I met so many wonderful people who inspired me so much. I met people who ran marathans, triathlons and a man training for an iron man competition. All of these people have MS. All of these people are so positive. I often feel like I surround myself with so many negative people, I really needed this boost of positive energy. I came home with a longer "to do" list. I finally found some people who share my philosphy of not giving up. I was proud of myself for traveling alone. I also visited one more state I had not been to. My goal is to visit all 50 states.
The Biogen staff was wonderful and the event was packed with information and events. Although I had to leave early (weather and flight problems) I had such a great time. I can't wait til next year.

1 comment:

Amy-SC said...

Hi Cathy,

I really enjoyed reading your blog. I am 34 and was dignosed 2 1/2 years ago. I have two very young active children. I love to hear about how others are staying active and not giving up. At my stage of life I don't have a choice :). I too am on tysabri...how did you become an advocate? Just interested...my email is aimjimenez@aol.com. Thanks for any information you can provide