Tuesday, September 9, 2008

6:30 am and I awakened to the sound of the construction happening on my street. I woke up and thought I was back in California experiencing an earthquake. The bed was moving, the windows rattling and of course, the sound of heavy equipment beeping and pounding.
They are attempting to update the sewer system and ultimately widen the street. Last year they repaced the water main. Now, why they didn't do both projects at once is beyond me. I don't run the city, at least not yet. 6:30 am is a little early to start this project. I realize that most people work but it is still too early.
I am going to attempt to run away from home for a little while today. The Handi Van is coming to get me about 11:30. I have been assured they will be able to get in and out of my street. The question is how far will I have to walk? And what happens if I fall? The Handi Van has been so cooperative. I know my street is not the only one under construction. The drivers are all so helpful and I appreciate their assistance and kindness. County employees that think outside the box. What a concept. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

No comments: