Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to our cruise

I tend to digress so I thought I'd go back to our vacation.

After meeting my freind and her mom for breakfast we headed out to the ship.

It literally was docked across the street from our hotel and we could see it from our balcony.

we were going to just walk but with all the luggage and me using my chair it was going to be
a hassle. The hotel provided a shuttle. I'm glad we did it that way because it was a long walk to where
you could check in.
So off we went. When we boarded we were handed a special invitation to a sit down lunch. Everybody
else had the buffett. We hand a nice lunch, met some people and then went to find our room.

I had rented a scooter ( first time I did that) and it was suppose to be in our room. Well, close it
was outside our room. We were on the end of the hallway so it worked out perfectly... to leave it outside.
Our room was beautiful. We had a room with a balcony. We couldn't wait to explore the ship.

Off we went. I was a little nervous about the scooter. Ask Mark about my first and only scooter expereince.
It wasn't pretty. I'm left handed and I kept getting confused which side was forward. Anyway, I
ran over his feet. Oops ! or Ooopsie as they said in Italy !!
This was our first Holland America ruise. We have taken about 10 cruises and this was the third one in 2010.

Stay tuned and I'll tell you all about the BEST cruise we haveever taken....

Have a great day everybody !

Cathy
http://www.themsshoppe.com/

Tell a Friend !

No comments: