Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another relapse

You might have noticed I have been gone a while.

Yes, I'm having a major relapse..The first one in almost 2 years.

I woke up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and couldnt stand up or take a step.
In my attempt to quickly empty my MS bladder I fell and that created all kinds of
problems.
For those of you who dont know, when you fall and have MS you become a 300 lb dead weight.
It's like picking up jello that is made of concrete.

Anyway, Mark got my walker, plopped me on it and pushed me down the hall to the bathroom.

I started massive doses of steroids Sunday Morning for a 15 day regime.

I have thrown up almost everyday but yet I'm still hungry and naucous at the same time.

I am currently on the downward end of things. Weaning yourself off steroids to me is worse than being on them.

My family ran for their lives the last relapse so their not around. Some assorted friends have been really encouraging and of  course my facebook MS homies. LOL

Thank you all for doing what my family should be doing, being there.

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger. I am so strong today, despite my fall last night and all the bruises that go with it.

Have a great day everybody !

Cathy
www.TheMSShoppe.com


Tell a Friend !

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hope things turn around for you sooner than later, Cathy. Relapses suck and steroids suck more. Thinking of you and wishing you many healthy vibes.

Love,

Jen

Cathy said...

thanks Jen..One day at a time