Sunday, September 18, 2011

the end of an era or 4 1/2 years

Last Monday was my last Tysabri infusion.

I am very sad. I really loved this drug and it was an incredibly
difficult decision to change meds.

I have been on it for 4 1/2 years and last year I tested
positive for the JC virus and it increases your risk of PML.

It also increases your risk to have been on it as long as I have.

So we, my neuro, my husband and myself made the decision
to start Gilenya.
I'll be starting it in December..Lots of preliminary tests.

My veins will be very happy. They seem to have crapped out a long
time ago so the thought of a pill everyday was very appealing.

My heartfelt thanks to my wonderful nurses who I will so much.
Also, to Biogen Idec for supporting me and allowing me to be a
patient advocate for so many years. I will miss you also.

So between now and December I am not on any meds. Yikes!
I feel positive about this change.

Have a great day everybody.

Cathy
http://www.themsshoppe.com/   

No comments: